California  |  Administrative Law

Legal Question

Asked on: 4/19/13, 8:43 am

When city agency issues a letter to property owner A stating that adjacent property B has a building code violation and B agreed to abate it.

But B has not abated it for years.

Is there a law that requires the City agency to enforce the code by ordering B to abate the code violation? Thank you.

1 Answer

Answered on: 4/19/13, 12:30 pm by Bryan Whipple

I would think that in most cases of code violations, a city would have the right, but not the obligation, to enforce the code against the owner.

Did you find this answer helpful?

0 Users found this answer helpful.

0 Attorneys agree with this answer.

Bryan R. R. Whipple, Attorney at Law P O Box 318 Tomales, CA 94971-0318

Other answers from this attorney

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask an Attorney!

Get answers from the top Attorneys
Ask Question

125 Answers given in the last few hours.

8663 Active attorneys ready to answer your question

Search Past Answers:
  Advanced Search