Legal Question in Administrative Law in California

I have had my own psychologist who interviewed, assessed, and tested me using the MMPI so that I may directly refute a report from the prosecutions psychologist who actually never assessed me or spoke with me in any way shape or form. BUT now MY psychologist won't have my report finished in time for the hearing. Other than a continuance, is there some way I could turn the report/evidence in after the trial?

Kelvin Green The Law Office of Kelvin Green

You need an attorney

Terry A. Nelson Nelson & Lawless

after the trial??

No.

You need to hire an attorney that knows how this is supposed to be handled, because it is clear you do not.

If serious about hiring counsel to help in this, and if this is in SoCal courts, feel free to contact me. Iíll be happy to help fight and get the best outcome possible, using whatever defenses and sympathies there may be.

James Goff James R. Goff, Attorney at Law

As noted in the other answers you cannot offer the evidence after the trial. In some instances newly discovered evidence can be submitted after trial in a motion for a retrial. However, this evidence is not newly discovered because you are aware that it exists. You might consider serving the witness with a subpoena to testify live at the hearing. This might prompt the witness to complete the report on time. Otherwise you need a continuance.

More Administrative Law questions and answers in California

Administrative Law Legal Forms