California  |  Appeals and Writs

Legal Question

Asked on: 3/20/03, 11:46 am

Filing appeal in pro per


I need to file an appeal from a blatently wrong decision by a Superior Court judge in Pasadena. He awarded attorney's fees on a case which had already mutually settled in court with no mention of attorney's fees. When I missed the deadline to pay the amount, even though an extension was requested, the other side went into court and asked for and was awarded attorneys fees in the amount of $38,000. I refinanced my house and paid both the judgment and attorney's fees. I need to file in the next few days, and wondered if I could file in Pro Per (because of the time)and then get an attorney to handle the appeal.

Thanks so much for your help!


Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask an Attorney!

Get answers from the top Attorneys
Ask Question

70 Answers given in the last few hours.

86611 Active attorneys ready to answer your question

Search Past Answers:
  Advanced Search