Legal Question in Appeals and Writs in California

I want to operate under a name that isn't the one I received at birth, without legally changing it because that is too permanent. However, how would I go about this since I plan on joining college in another state, ROTC and the Navy in the future?

Asked on 8/10/13, 9:51 am

2 Answers from Attorneys

James Goff James R. Goff, Attorney at Law
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

For legitimate purposes you can file with the county recorder a dba (doing business as) form, which permits you to do business under a different name.

Read more
Answered on 8/10/13, 1:00 pm
Kelvin Green The Law Office of Kelvin Green
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

It is an alias but it think you will have difficulty with the military.

Read more
Answered on 8/10/13, 9:00 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Appeals and Writs questions and answers in California

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Find a Legal Form

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Barry SteinDe Cardenas, Freixas, Stein & ZacharyMiami, FL
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now