Legal Question in Bankruptcy in California

I am a sole proprietor and recently worked as a subcontractor for a company that owes me $7,000. The company declared bankruptcy a week after the last work I completed for them. Is there anything I can do to get the money that is owed to me?

Asked on 10/25/13, 11:41 am

3 Answers from Attorneys

Scott Jordan Dunning Law Firm
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

Do you know what type of bankruptcy the company declared? You may be entitled to file a priority claim for wages.

Read more
Answered on 10/25/13, 12:03 pm
Mitchell Sussman Mitchell Reed Sussman & Associates
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

Yes, you can enforce your lien rights.

Read more
Answered on 10/25/13, 12:22 pm
Charles Andersen Charles Andersen, Atty
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

you can file a priority claim if the money is for wages earned within ninety days prior to the filing.

Read more
Answered on 10/25/13, 2:57 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Bankruptcy Law questions and answers in California

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Bankruptcy Law Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Rahul Manchanda, Esq.Manchanda Law Office PLLCNew York, NY
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now