Legal Question in Business Law in California

Breach of Confidentiality

What recourse do I have with a representative of a financial institution who discussed my investments with someone who answered the phone at my dad's house? I'm furious!

Asked on 5/09/08, 4:20 pm

2 Answers from Attorneys

0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

Re: Breach of Confidentiality

I'm sorry for your inconvenience and that the other person's carelessness caused you problems.

Your first approach should be to review the documents that the financial institution sent you including their privacy policy.

Depending on how the disclosure affected you there might be several approaches for you to take. The first thing you should decide is what would make it right for you and negotiate with the financial institution on your own. If it is more serious and you have a legal claim you have even more options. Your best bet is to discuss this more in detail with an attorney to help you make an informed decision about your next step.

Read more
Answered on 5/09/08, 4:41 pm
Jonas Grant Law Office of Jonas M. Grant, A.P.C.
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

Re: Breach of Confidentiality

In addition, consider moving your account(s) elsewhere, and letting them know why.

Read more
Answered on 5/09/08, 5:53 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Business Law questions and answers in California

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

89033 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Business Law Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Timothy McCormickLibris Solutions - Dispute Resolution ServicesSan Francisco, CA
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now