Legal Question in Business Law in California

ONce I have a completed UCC1, where do I send it for a California corporation & resident?

Asked on 2/05/10, 4:14 pm

2 Answers from Attorneys

Timothy McCormick Libris Solutions - Dispute Resolution Services
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

UCC1's are filed with the Secretary of State.

Read more
Answered on 2/10/10, 4:21 pm
Bryan Whipple Bryan R. R. Whipple, Attorney at Law
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

UCC-1 forms are filed with the Califonia Secretary of State when the debtor giving the security interest that is being reported by a UCC-1 is a California individual, corporation, etc.

Remember that a UCC-1 is only a way to perfect (publicize, place on the record) a security interest that already exists. All too often, creditors think that a UCC-1 creates a security interest. Not so! It is merely a way of telling anyone with a need to know that a security interest already exists in favor of a certain creditor, against a certain debtor, and in certain collateral.

Don't file a UCC-1 unless you have other documents, signed by or for the debtor, giving you the pledge of certain assets as collateral.

Read more
Answered on 2/10/10, 9:22 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Business Law questions and answers in California

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

89033 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Business Law Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Timothy McCormickLibris Solutions - Dispute Resolution ServicesSan Francisco, CA
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now