Legal Question in Business Law in California

if i establish an LLC here in the state of california in november of 2013, when would i have to pay the $800 quarterly taxes.. is it possible for me to start up an llc by years end.

William Christian Rodi Pollock

Yes, you would have to pay the $800 minumum tax. If you have time, why not start it January 1. Then you avoid the $800 and a tax retrun for 2013.

Bryan Whipple Bryan R. R. Whipple, Attorney at Law

You can avoid the 2013 tax by starting on Monday, December 16th - California will disregard the 1/2 month........of course you MIGHT have taxable income to report to the Feds, but having income is always better than not having it! See my post to your follow-up question. Also, remember that California might assert the franchise tax against the LLC if the business actually got off to a head start before the LLC was formed, so remember that business startup date may be more significant than LLC formation date.

More Business Law questions and answers in California

Business Law Legal Forms