Legal Question in Business Law in California

itunes download

want to let employees of our company download itunes but want them to sign something saying they won't download inappropriate material, etc.

Gregg Gittler GITTLER & BRADFORD

Re: itunes download

In general, this sounds like a bad idea. Once you get into the business of censoring your employees' downloads or trying to determine what is or is not "inappropriate", someone will complain that you are discriminating, or otherwise treating one group more favorably than another.

The better course of action is to let them download iTunes on their own time, so you don't have to be concerned about the content.

Cathy Cowin Law Offices of Cathy Cowin

Re: itunes download

Sure. Any of the attorneys that work in intellectual property law could draft a short indemnification agreement indicating that the employees are taking responsibility for what they download for personal use. You're welcome to review my profile if you'd like to consider my services or may prefer to look at more local attorneys.

More Business Law questions and answers in California

Business Law Legal Forms