Legal Question in Business Law in California

Mu bussiness is being accused of food poisoning 20 people out of 40 that eat the cake what do i do?

Asked on 7/03/13, 8:10 pm

3 Answers from Attorneys

John Laurie Gertz and Laurie
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

Accused by who? Did these people eat cake at your restaurant? Was the cake just made for them? are there 40 random people? we need more facts. Please re post

Read more
Answered on 7/03/13, 9:39 pm
Kelvin Green The Law Office of Kelvin Green
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

1) Do an internal investigation and see it it is true and figure out why it happened ( if cake was baked by you or came from a supplier may make a difference). P

2) take remedial steps to prevent it from happening again. These steps cannot be used against you.

3) notify your liability insurance carrier

4) get an attorney

5) don't discuss this any further with anyone except your attorney

Read more
Answered on 7/03/13, 9:44 pm
Bryan Whipple Bryan R. R. Whipple, Attorney at Law
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

If the accusation results in a lawsuit, be sure to retain an attorney and file and serve an answer to the complaint within the allotted time.

Also, preserve any evidence. If you have remains of the cake, package it tightly and refrigerate it.

Finally, it is very important to involve your insurance carrier at the earliest possible time.

Read more
Answered on 7/04/13, 9:14 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Business Law questions and answers in California

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

89033 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Business Law Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Timothy McCormickLibris Solutions - Dispute Resolution ServicesSan Francisco, CA
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now