Legal Question in Business Law in California

I am looking to help seniors with errands, chores, activities, etc. for no specified fee. I will accept tips or donations only to help cover expenses. Do I need to apply for a non-profit business license to do this? Also, is it necessary to become bonded to do this? Thank you for your assistance.

Asked on 2/21/12, 10:46 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Terry A. Nelson Nelson & Lawless
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

Doing this privately, without any business connection will open you up to all forms of liability and risk. You should form a corporation, whether profit or nonprofit, get insurance, etc. You should also consider state certification and licenses, since you will be dealing with 'legally protected' classes of persons.

Read more
Answered on 2/21/12, 11:42 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Business Law questions and answers in California

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Business Law Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Timothy McCormickLibris Solutions - Dispute Resolution ServicesSan Francisco, CA
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now