Legal Question in Business Law in California

Suspended Corporation Doing Business

I filed a complaint with Labor and Commission Department against a corporation and won the case. Judgment was awarded but the corporation is not paying because they are suspended. I recently saw the truck at a truck stop and asked the driver for all the paperwork, which I now have. Apparently the suspended corporation is doing business and they have a new driver, who told me that the corporation is doing exactly same thing to him now, which is not paying. The paperwork has a specific name on it, so can I sue that person, or since it's a corporation I can't do anything? What are my options and what can I do to collect the money?

Asked on 5/18/08, 10:10 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Michael Stone Law Offices of Michael B. Stone Toll Free 1-855-USE-MIKE
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

Re: Suspended Corporation Doing Business

Labor Code Section 98.2 provides that an attorney who helps you enforce a judgment rendered by the Labor Comissioner is entitled to his or her attorney fees from the employer, so you should try to find an attorney to chase down the employer or to set aside any fraudulent transfer of assets. If you are in Southern California, I would be pleased to consult with you without charge.

Read more
Answered on 5/19/08, 3:39 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Business Law questions and answers in California

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Business Law Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Rahul Manchanda, Esq.Manchanda Law Office PLLCNew York, NY
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now