California  |  Business Law

Verizon charged me Restocking fee for a socalled landline, which turned out to be wireless device. I must have a landline, and I want my restocking fee and taxes back!

Answered on: 9/20/13, 10:04 am by Phillip Wheeler

If Verizon made the mistake and you had nothing to do with installation of the wrong equipment, then they have wronged you. Their should be no restocking fee for their mistake. Contact the manager at the store and if that doesn't work, consider small claims court.

The problem with small claims court is there IS a small fee usually. Check the Superior Court website for your city/county and see what the fees are.

If you are unwilling to do that, contact Verizon corporate. They are on the internet. Contact the main office and explain the situation and the fact that you are ready for small claims court if they can't help you.

It must have been Verizon's mistake only though. Not a mutual mistake.

Phillip D. Wheeler, Attorney At Law- caonlinelawyer.com P.O. BOX 665 Morro Bay, CA 93443-0665