Legal Question in Civil Rights Law in California

Can my adult daughter file a Restraining Order against me just because she is angry with me? Will I have a chance to defend myself?

Asked on 6/07/13, 11:24 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Phillip D. Wheeler, Esq. Phillip D. Wheeler, Attorney At Law
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

A restraining order can be filed by your adult daughter. There has to be more than simple "angry at me" though. There has to be a serious reason and yes, you can defend yourself if the restraining order is nothing but a waste of the police and courts time.

Read more
Answered on 6/07/13, 11:28 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Civil Rights Law questions and answers in California

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Civil Rights Law Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Barry SteinDe Cardenas, Freixas, Stein & ZacharyMiami, FL
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now