Legal Question in Civil Rights Law in California

My fiance has been in holding for 34 hours now without getting a courtdate. He is still being "processed" He is in there for disorderly conduct. Is this legal? How long can they hold him without charging him with something? Why might it be taking so long?

Asked on 5/16/13, 9:17 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Terry A. Nelson Nelson & Lawless
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

He can be held for three 'court days'. If not timely taken to court for arraignment, he can file a motion to dismiss. After that is granted, if they want to, they can rearrest him and start over, without him ever leaving the jail system.

If serious about hiring counsel to help in this, and if this is in SoCal courts, feel free to contact me. Iíll be happy to help fight and get the best outcome possible, using whatever defenses and sympathies there may be.

Read more
Answered on 5/16/13, 4:41 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Civil Rights Law questions and answers in California

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Civil Rights Law Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Rahul Manchanda, Esq.Manchanda Law Office PLLCNew York, NY
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now