Legal Question in Civil Rights Law in California

how can i file a motion to sqaush a subpeona when the subpeona was not filed with the court?

Asked on 6/04/13, 12:28 am

2 Answers from Attorneys

Charles Perry Law Offices of Charles R. Perry
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

Subpoenas are not filed with the court.

You file a motion to quash in the case for which the subpoena issued. You should have the court name and case file number on the subpoena. You will of course submit a copy of the subpoena with your motion, but the court will not have a copy before that time.

Read more
Answered on 6/04/13, 3:02 am
Terry A. Nelson Nelson & Lawless
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

It never is filed, except if there is a dispute over service or compliance with the subpoena. If serious about hiring counsel to help in this, and if this is in SoCal courts, feel free to contact me. Iíll be happy to help.

Read more
Answered on 6/05/13, 12:58 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Civil Rights Law questions and answers in California

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Civil Rights Law Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Barry SteinDe Cardenas, Freixas, Stein & ZacharyMiami, FL
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now