California  |  Civil Rights Law

I live in San Joaquin county, California. Can my boyfriend toss me out of the house if we been living together for four (4) years? I don't pay rent but I do take care ALL the house chores! Laundry, Cooking, Cleaning, Vacuuming, Scrubbing Floors, Changing the Beds, Dishes for days!!!! Each day I get up at 5 am and pack his lunch and get his coffee, get him off to work, see that his work clothes are clean and laid out, cook all dinners, and make 3 meals on the weekends. I water the lawns, weed the roses, and scrub the tubs, and shampoo the house rugs! I had just heard, he was going to put my stuff all out that a Lodi Ca Cop told him the laws changed and he can!

Answered on: 9/03/13, 6:54 pm by Robert Kubler

No. He is also technically your landlord. For this situation he has to give 60 days notice for you to vacate. If you want an explanation submit a paid question or contact me as its private.

The Kubler Law Firm 21250 Hawthorne Blvd, Suite 500 Torrance, CA 90503