Legal Question in Construction Law in California

New house fence is damaged because of french drain put in to help flooding.

The construction company put in a french drain after everyone moved into a town house community because of big complaints of standing water in the back yards. Within the first year, the boards have started warping popping out because of the rocks pushing up agains the fence. We have sent in documentation to have it repaired, but the contruction company says that it is now the Homeowners Association responsibility.

We feel like the construction company is trying to not take responsibilty for not putting in the french drain in properly to begin with. Is there anything we can do?

Asked on 10/31/02, 7:36 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Benjamin Berger Berger-Harrison, A Professional Corporation
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

Re: New house fence is damaged because of french drain put in to help flooding.

It sounds as if they breached an implied or express warranty. You can sue them. You want an attorney who has represented plaintiffs in a construction defect case. I can refer you to an attorney in your area if you prefer.

Good luck, Ben

Read more
Answered on 10/31/02, 9:17 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Construction Law questions and answers in California

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Construction Law Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Barry SteinDe Cardenas, Freixas, Stein & ZacharyMiami, FL
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now