California  |  Construction Law

Legal Question

Asked on: 4/29/13, 5:53 pm

I have recently hired a company to refinish the floors in my house. In the process, the put a hole in my brand new walls. They want full payment immediately, however, I want to pay them half until the wall is fixed (which they agree is their fault and will pay to have fixed). I signed a contract stating that I would pay in full when services were completed (otherwise I would pay late fees), however, I feel that the damage to my house changed the original contract. Is this true? Can I pay half now and half upon completion of fixing the damage they caused without paying late penalties to the company?

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask an Attorney!

Get answers from the top Attorneys
Ask Question

133 Answers given in the last few hours.

8661 Active attorneys ready to answer your question

Search Past Answers:
  Advanced Search