California  |  Construction Law

Legal Question

Asked on: 3/02/08, 3:10 pm

I need help to sue General Contractor.

We contracted a General Contractor to build our home.

He abandoned the job halfway through, messed up the work, and walked away with a lot of my money. At all stages he only used unlicensed workers and he didn't carry Workmans Comp at all.

I now want to sue him on the basis that he was improperly licensed due to not having Comp which is a condition of being licensed in CA.

And, in CA, since this means an automatic license suspension I then want to demand that he pays back all cash that I gave him.

If there are any lawyers who understand and have experience of this aspect of CA law, (B&P 725, B&P 7031, B&P 7152.2), I'd like to hear from you.

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask an Attorney!

Get answers from the top Attorneys
Ask Question

133 Answers given in the last few hours.

8661 Active attorneys ready to answer your question

Search Past Answers:
  Advanced Search