California  |  Consumer Law

So i Bought a used car and the owner via text assured me it was already smogged and registered. Upon Recieving the vehicle I went to the dmv to get it put in my name when i got there they said it hasnt been smogged since june of last year or 06/12.

The next day upon attempting to drive it to work stuff went bad . Turns out the wrong spark plugs we're in it causing that and the cat to go bad after this the list kept going engine coils and several other repairs we're needed just to get it in driving condition. About 1500 dollars later the car can be driven I take it to pass smog and the check engine light comes on I can no longer afford repairs and researched in the dmv and it says that the owner is required to smog it.

I attempted to contact him and after 5 days of him saying let me see what i can do he just said it's my problem now.

1.If i sue him in small claims court will i get my money back?

2. Is there a way i can get additional money because of this car being my mode of transportation i was late to work several times

3. How would i get my money back