Legal Question in Consumer Law in California

Hi,

I own a small Internet business which sells some custom Excel spreadsheets (that contain valuable statistical information).

I have been getting numerous emails from a potential customer that are bizarre in nature inquiring about the products. I told him that my company's products aren't right for him.

Now he is threatening my business saying that he has the right to purchase my product(s).

My informational products are used by some to gamble with. My disclaimer states that the user should use them legally and that these products are not for those who have a gambling problem. This individual has told me in writing that he needs the product to produce income for his family. That is the main reason I refused his business - he's basically told me in writing he's a problem gambler.

Does a private business such as mine have the legal right to refuse business from such a customer?

Thanks.

Phillip D. Wheeler, Esq. Phillip D. Wheeler, Attorney At Law- caonlinelawyer.com

You do not have to sell to anyone, even if you advertise all over the World. An advertisement is nothing more than an "invitation" to deal. So long as no one has paid yet or made an agreement to sell (different than an advertisement) then ignore this persons threats.

More Consumer Law questions and answers in California

Consumer Law Legal Forms