California  |  Consumer Law

money back guarantees

ive read that anything ordered through mail comes with a money back guar if you decide not to keep it ?Is it true?

If tat is true does this also apply to information that is paid for and received over the internet? There is something I want to order but there is no volunteer of any guarantee.

If it is covered by a mbg what law or custom does one cite if they wish to excercise return rights

Thank you for your help!!!!

Answered on: 1/04/06, 4:36 pm by Carl Starrett

Re: money back guarantees

In answer to your first question, there is no law that states items received in the mail have a money back guarantee. I don't know where you may have read this, but it is completely false.

A guarantee is a form of a contract. If you make a purchase through a website like Amazon.com, you should be able to review policies on returns and customer satisfaction. If you buy something from an auction site like eBay, the terms of the offer set forth whatever guarantees might apply.

If you are unsure of what the satisfaction policy is, just ask and get it in writing. If the seller won't offer a policy or won't put it in writing, shop somewhere else.

Law Offices of Carl H. Starrett II 1941-C Friendship Drive El Cajon, CA 92020-1144

Answered on: 1/04/06, 7:50 pm by Michael Stone

Re: money back guarantees

In my experience most information for sale on the internet is available elsewhere on the internet for free (and without infringing anyone's copyright). Be very suspicious of anybody offering a "money back guarantee" unless they are a large, well known company or they are located near you.

Law Offices of Michael B. Stone Toll Free 1-855-USE-MIKE 3020 Old Ranch Parkway, Suite 300 Seal Beach, CA 90740