Legal Question in Consumer Law in California

I ordered and paid for a class ring in a jewelry store. I took them a sample ring and told them I wanted it the same size. They showed me their sample ring and asked if we could have ours like that but with a smaller width. They said yes. We didn't leave our ring because they didn't guarantee it's safety. When we went to pick it up, it was big like the sample ring they showed us. Now they won't re do it without us paying the full amount again and will not give us our money back. What can we do? We don't want to pay extra for a silver ring since they didn't do it how we asked them to.

Asked on 12/19/11, 8:49 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

George Shers Law Offices of Georges H. Shers
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

You can write them a detailed demand letter [more effective if lawyer does it] relating all the facts, that you have witnesses, the size of your finger so that they would know the normal size ring would not fit, etc. If that does not work you will have to sue in Small Claims Court.

Read more
Answered on 12/20/11, 8:49 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Consumer Law questions and answers in California

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Consumer Law Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Barry SteinDe Cardenas, Freixas, Stein & ZacharyMiami, FL
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now