Legal Question in Consumer Law in California

There is a store in los angeles that I used to shop in every day for years, a place that I liked very much. One day over a year ago I got into an agument with a new manager for something that she did that was wrong I complained about it to the owner at the corporate office. The manager subsequently lied and said I threatened her wit physical violence and the woners banned me from not only that store but all the stores they owned. I asked them at the time to supply me with a letter stating why I was being banned at which point the owner and I began to communicate by phone for a few months. he later offered to pay me the amount of the item in question during the original argument, I declined the offer and asked that he make a donation of an equal amount to a AIDS related charity which he did. Today I was out christmas shopping with friends and they wanted to go into a branch of the store in another city and we did. After being there a few minutes a nother manager and corporate trainer walked up to me in the middle of the store told me she knew who I was and demanded I leave the store immediately.

I am angry about this as it is well over a year and a hlf from the initial incident and ultimately I did nothing wrong not to mention the fact that it was a little embarassing to go through this in front of friends. I am wondering what if any legal recourse I have regarding this situation

Michael Stone Law Offices of Michael B. Stone Toll Free 1-855-USE-MIKE

None. The store is private property and they have the right to exclude you, period. And why on earth would you give them your business after the way you were treated? Shop elsewhere.

Robert Kane Law Offices of Robert D. Kane, Jr.

As Mr. Stone stated, a business has the right exclude you or anyone else it is not comfortable serving. Obviously, you made quite the impression if a manager from a different store recognized you.

More Consumer Law questions and answers in California

Consumer Law Legal Forms