California  |  Consumer Law

Legal Question

Asked on: 7/25/13, 7:36 am

If im being sued for a money that was supposed to be a wedding present what can i do to demonstrate that it was a present from the person suing me???

1 Answer

Answered on: 8/25/13, 6:00 pm by Carl Starrett

You need to have facts to support your story and you haven't provided any facts. You might have evidence such as a card that came with the gift. You might have sent a thank you note or an email that might confirm it was a gift. You might have witnesses that saw the person give you cash and say "here's $200 as a wedding gift".

Whatever evidence you have must be presented to the judge or jury. A lawsuit is about telling the story about what happened.

Did you find this answer helpful?

0 Users found this answer helpful.

0 Attorneys agree with this answer.

Law Offices of Carl H. Starrett II 1941-C Friendship Drive El Cajon, CA 92020-1144

Other answers from this attorney

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask an Attorney!

Get answers from the top Attorneys
Ask Question

115 Answers given in the last few hours.

8662 Active attorneys ready to answer your question

Search Past Answers:
  Advanced Search