California  |  Credit and Debt Law

My brother has an Abstract of Judgement recorded against him for $13k for credit card debt that he never paid off. I discovered it when I looked up his name at the Los Angeles County recorder's office. The judgement was recorded in December of 2008. He has no means to pay this judgement off...

In December of 2003, he Quit Claimed a house that he owned (with approx $50k of equity in it) to me because he could not afford the mortgage payments. I did not pay him any money for the equity. I subsequently refinanced the house in my name and have been making payments on the mortgage for the last 10 years.

I am planning on selling the house shortly.. 2 questions:

1. Can my brother's Abstract of Judgement (recorded in December 2008) create a lien on my house (which was quit claimed to me in December 2003)?

2. If my brother receives future judgements against him for other unpaid debt, can they go after me or my house in any way?

Thank you.