Legal Question in Credit and Debt Law in California

My co-signer and I came up with a written and signed agreement in November 2012 to split the remaining balance and have it paid off by April 2013. He has been late several times and hasn't even paid off 1/3 of his amount. What can I do to get the money I am owed ASAP so that I don't have to continue to pay interest.

John Laurie Gertz and Laurie

If he will not pay you can possibly sue. Another option is to pay the co signers portion and have that person pay you back.

This gratuitous response does not create an attorney client relationship. The advice provided herein is generic, may not apply to your circumstances and is not to be relied upon in your actions. An attorney client relationship is created only upon execution of an engagement letter or retainer agreement hiring me or my firm.

Charles Perry Law Offices of Charles R. Perry

I see no choice but to demand payment and threaten a lawsuit if payment is not received, and file a lawsuit if you in fact do not receive payment.

More Credit, Debt and Collections Law questions and answers in California

Credit, Debt and Collections Law Legal Forms