California  |  Credit and Debt Law

My co-signer and I came up with a written and signed agreement in November 2012 to split the remaining balance and have it paid off by April 2013. He has been late several times and hasn't even paid off 1/3 of his amount. What can I do to get the money I am owed ASAP so that I don't have to continue to pay interest.

Answered on: 6/18/13, 10:20 pm by John Laurie

If he will not pay you can possibly sue. Another option is to pay the co signers portion and have that person pay you back.

This gratuitous response does not create an attorney client relationship. The advice provided herein is generic, may not apply to your circumstances and is not to be relied upon in your actions. An attorney client relationship is created only upon execution of an engagement letter or retainer agreement hiring me or my firm.

Gertz and Laurie 18321 Ventura Boulevard Suite 900 Tarzana, CA 91356

Answered on: 6/18/13, 11:32 pm by Charles Perry

I see no choice but to demand payment and threaten a lawsuit if payment is not received, and file a lawsuit if you in fact do not receive payment.

Law Offices of Charles R. Perry 1500 Bayberry Street Hollister, 95023