California  |  Credit and Debt Law

Legal Question

Asked on: 3/10/09, 12:35 am

Credit card debt for the elderly

My sister is 78 yrs old and is now diagnosed with Parkinsons and Dementia requiring 24 hr hospital care. Her only income is social security and SSI and that will go to pay for her medical and hospital expenses leaving her arounf 30 dollar per month. She is not permitted any type of anxiety. Should I write to the companies and explain that she is unable to pay these debts amounting to approximately 15 thousand dollars combined or must she file BK in absensia? Please advise. Thank You.

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask an Attorney!

Get answers from the top Attorneys
Ask Question

70 Answers given in the last few hours.

86611 Active attorneys ready to answer your question

Search Past Answers:
  Advanced Search