Legal Question in Credit and Debt Law in California

I filed a motion to vacate a judgment that was issued by default. I was not given proper service of process. I am fighting this pro per. What is the answer that needs to be attached to the declaration of mailing sent to the defendant? Is the motion to vacate the judgment enough, or do I need to prepare a stronger remedy for the court?

Asked on 8/21/13, 1:08 pm

2 Answers from Attorneys

Robert F. Cohen Law Office of Robert F. Cohen
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

You want to vacate both the judgment and the default. You must attach the proposed answer to your motion. Of course, the motion should contain a declaration from you stating that you weren't served and never had notice of the lawsuit until very recently, probably when you received some kind of postjudgment notice. You might also explain where you were (other than at home) on the date and time that the proof of service states that you were served.

Read more
Answered on 8/21/13, 7:08 pm
John Laurie Gertz and Laurie
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

I would suggest that you retain a professional to do this. This would be money well spent.

818 345-0123

Read more
Answered on 8/21/13, 10:07 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Credit, Debt and Collections Law questions and answers in California

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Credit, Debt and Collections Law Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Rahul Manchanda, Esq.Manchanda Law Office PLLCNew York, NY
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now