California  |  Credit and Debt Law

Legal Question

Asked on: 10/29/10, 10:20 pm

I forged a treasury check, deposited to my bank. This check belonged to a friend. Before said friend found out, I confessed. We worked out a payment arrangement, but said friend contacted the V.A. and they said a rep would get with him in 2-4 weeks. I have since worked out an arrangement with said friend. Can he tell whoever calls him in 2-4 weeks that the matter was resolved, and everything is OK, or am I looking at prison time? This is my first time offense, no record whatsoever, single mother of 2. This was an act of desperation, not a habit. I am deeply regretful and disgusted with myself. I am also scared, no idea what to do.

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask an Attorney!

Get answers from the top Attorneys
Ask Question

115 Answers given in the last few hours.

8662 Active attorneys ready to answer your question

Search Past Answers:
  Advanced Search