Legal Question in Credit and Debt Law in California

My husband has cmc tomorrow and we didn't know that he has tonfile cmc statement. What should we do? Can we file this today and bring the copy tomorrow?

Asked on 4/28/13, 3:23 pm

2 Answers from Attorneys

Joel Selik
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

Most judges will not have much problem; just bring it with you.

Read more
Answered on 4/28/13, 3:42 pm
Charles Perry Law Offices of Charles R. Perry
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

I would recommend you follow your instinct. File the statement today, as early in the day as possible. Point out to the clerk that the CMC is tomorrow, and ask if there is a way to get a file-stamped copy to the judge's chambers. If necessary, take the file-stamped copy carry it to the chambers yourself.

Rules are ignored or overlooked at your peril. While Mr. Selik is right, you cannot assume that you will before one of the judges who will not have a problem with the late filing. Be prepared for the relatively rare one that will.

Read more
Answered on 4/28/13, 11:46 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Credit, Debt and Collections Law questions and answers in California

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Credit, Debt and Collections Law Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Barry SteinDe Cardenas, Freixas, Stein & ZacharyMiami, FL
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now