California  |  Credit and Debt Law

Legal Question

Asked on: 3/05/09, 7:52 pm

Judgement filed without me knowing

I received a letter from GFCS stating I needed to contact them in early Feb. Upon calling I found out I owed $240000.00 in a default judgement. They claim they served me, but they did not. I now have this debt that is $19000.00 more than the original c.c. balance. They will not budge. I will pay what I owe on the bill, but I am not paying the $24k. They also have only put about $3500.00 into it after purchase and fees.

Can I do anything to get this judgement taken off???? They insist I can't! because I did not show up at court. BUT, I did not know about it.

Also, I need to get them to agree to let me pay much less than the $24K. They said I can pay 5 payments of $4k and they would write the rest off. I can not do that either.

Please help!!!

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask an Attorney!

Get answers from the top Attorneys
Ask Question

70 Answers given in the last few hours.

86611 Active attorneys ready to answer your question

Search Past Answers:
  Advanced Search