California  |  Credit and Debt Law

Legal Question

Asked on: 2/25/12, 6:29 pm

I loaned an ex-boyfriend $2000. We never had a written agreement but I do have old bank statements and a text message saying that he will pay me back. I do not know where he lives and he has changed his phone number. He works at a local bowling alley and the only time I see him is when I visit that establishment. How can I collect on this personal loan?

1 Answer

Answered on: 3/01/12, 1:26 pm by David Gibbs

Sue him in small claims court. The Sheriff can serve him with the Summons at his workplace, and if you win and obtain a judgment, you can levy his wages at the bowling alley.

*Due to the limitations of the LawGuru Forums, The Gibbs Law Firm, APC's (the "Firm") participation in responding to questions posted herein does not constitute legal advice, nor legal representation of the person or entity posting a question. No Attorney/Client relationship is or shall be construed to be created hereby. Further, information you provide to the Firm through this website is not confidential - it is available publicly to anyone visiting this website. The Firm shall have no obligation to keep the information you provide herein confidential in any context. The information provided herein by the Firm is general, and requires that the poster obtain specific legal advice from an attorney. The poster shall not rely upon the information provided herein as legal advice nor as the basis for making any decisions of legal consequence. As required by 11 U.S.C. 528, we must now disclose that, "We are a debt relief agency. We help people file for bankruptcy relief under the Bankruptcy Code. Assistance we provide with respect to Debt Relief may involve bankruptcy relief under the Bankruptcy Code."

Did you find this answer helpful?

0 Users found this answer helpful.

0 Attorneys agree with this answer.

The Gibbs Law Firm, APC 110 E Avenida Palizada # 201 San Clemente, CA 92672-3956

Other answers from this attorney

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask an Attorney!

Get answers from the top Attorneys
Ask Question

70 Answers given in the last few hours.

86611 Active attorneys ready to answer your question

Search Past Answers:
  Advanced Search