Legal Question in Credit and Debt Law in California

My Parents and I are being sued by a collection agency for chase bank for a second mortgage of 30,000. I was Laid off in 2007 and could not make my house or second mortgage payment, The home went into foreclosure and the loan could not be paid. Iam still unemployed and on welfare, my father is 87 and has alheimers, my mother is 81 and is disabled they are on a fixed income, most of their income goes to bills and medical expenses. What do I do? The home and loan were in my parents name and I had power of attorney. We are very nervous what what can they do to us if we cannot pay. Help Please

Asked on 11/11/10, 6:08 pm

2 Answers from Attorneys

Joe Marman Law Office of Joseph Marman
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

You can hire an attorney to do a "lien strip". This can strip the second mortgages, and you keep your house. Be prepared to do a bankruptcy. I do not know know how it is done, I have just heard about it.

Read more
Answered on 11/17/10, 8:18 am
Timothy McCormick Libris Solutions - Dispute Resolution Services
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

It is sad that Mr. Marman seems to think it is appropriate to give legal advice on rumors. What you need to do is contact a bankruptcy attorney. That is the only option in the situation you describe.

Read more
Answered on 11/17/10, 12:05 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Credit, Debt and Collections Law questions and answers in California

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Credit, Debt and Collections Law Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Barry SteinDe Cardenas, Freixas, Stein & ZacharyMiami, FL
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now