California  |  Credit and Debt Law

Legal Question

Asked on: 10/16/13, 12:52 pm

I took out a payday loan 2 yrs ago and never paid it. They are calling me from a law office that they are going to file a complaint of fraud against me. I talked to them trying to pay but they would not send me any information he said they can only send me a letter stating I paid in full once it was paid. I want to pay it but they want me to pay with my CC without showing or giving me any paperwork. Can I go to jail for this? Can I be convicted of fraud?

1 Answer

Answered on: 10/16/13, 1:24 pm by Scott Jordan

It sounds like a scam to me. If the lawyer cannot prove up their bill, how can they sue you?

As for going to jail, no you cannot go to jail for not paying a bill. Even if it is fraud, the most a non-governmental agency can do is sue you in civil court.

Did you find this answer helpful?

0 Users found this answer helpful.

0 Attorneys agree with this answer.

Jordan Law Office 319 Diablo Road, Suite 202 Danville, CA 94526

Other answers from this attorney

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask an Attorney!

Get answers from the top Attorneys
Ask Question

70 Answers given in the last few hours.

86611 Active attorneys ready to answer your question

Search Past Answers:
  Advanced Search