California  |  Credit and Debt Law

Legal Question

Asked on: 11/09/10, 10:26 pm

I sold my car but forgot to report the sale. It was towed and I received a big bill and then I went to DMV to report the sale and got the transfer stamped by DMV after the fact. Tow company refused and sent to collection agency for $2500. What can I do?

1 Answer

Answered on: 11/15/10, 11:13 am by Joe Marman

I do not think you would be legallyliable for actions done by the purchase of your car. I suggest contacting DMV to discuss. Under the law, you are supposed to give a Release of Liability tot he DMV when trasnsferring your vehicle, and I am not sure the legal consequences of not doing that. You may have to sue the purchase to recover your payment to the Tow company.

Did you find this answer helpful?

0 Users found this answer helpful.

0 Attorneys agree with this answer.

Law Office of Joseph Marman 8421 Auburn Blvd. #145 Citrus Heights, CA 95610-0394

Other answers from this attorney

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask an Attorney!

Get answers from the top Attorneys
Ask Question

115 Answers given in the last few hours.

8662 Active attorneys ready to answer your question

Search Past Answers:
  Advanced Search