California  |  Credit and Debt Law

Legal Question

Asked on: 9/06/13, 4:00 pm

My son agreed to reimburse my credit card expenditures for his flight school from a college account I controlled. The flight school lasted 2 months and wound up cost 13,500. I removed 10,000 from his account in late July just prior to his 18th birthday. In August I attempted to extract the additional 3,500 from his college account only to find out that on his 18th birthday (7/29) he transferred the account to be only in his name and removed me from access to the funds (without my knowledge). I have asked him to re-imburse me the 3,500 and he has refused. Can I sue him for breach of contract? Does the fact that I withdrew 10,000 (with his knowledge) amount to acceptance of the verbal contract? Does the fact that he continued to charge my credit card past his 18th birthday amount to tacit approval and acceptance of the original contract?

He was fully aware of the total cost of the school at the onset of classes (7/3) and verbally agreed to allow me to withdarw funds as needed to cover the CC charges. His mother had advised him to chang ethe account on his 18th birthday and to make his own decisions as to whether to pay me or not.

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask an Attorney!

Get answers from the top Attorneys
Ask Question

133 Answers given in the last few hours.

8661 Active attorneys ready to answer your question

Search Past Answers:
  Advanced Search