1. i was in back seat reading a newspaper with my son in the front seat and my wife in the grocery store.
2. a woman and man with tattoos and black leather jackets come to the car to very loudly yell thru the open front window: f*g man,f*k u, yr f*g car is over the white line.
3. i felt sudden danger to my son with his window open.
4. i came out and said 'i will move it'
5. my son came out and moved the car, without responding back to their loud assault.
6. i ask the man 'what is your problem, what do you want'
7. he said 'f* u'
8. i went back into the car and closed the door.
9. the woman yelled f*g d*k
10. a few minutes later, my wife came back to the car. she backs out and starts driving away
11. the man suddenly appear against the backseat window where i was sitting and flip the bird staring at me, gesturing wildly, yelling and swearing loudly again.
12. i came out, asking what do you want, are you fighting or something
13. he said: yea, why don't u punch first
14. i said no
15. he kept up verbal abuse and not backing away from the car in the middle of the parking lot
16. i felt very intimidated, emotionally threatened by their physical proximity and behavior
17. he appears very aggressive and non-stop swearing,i thought i was about to be attacked
18. to prevent actual personal assault or damaging to the car by possibly his throwing rocks or breaking the windows
19. i preemptively slap his right cheek lightly and tell the woman to 'watch your foul mouth'
20. his dark glasses fell to my feet
21. my son and my wife came out of the car and a bystander came between the man and me
22. i stepped back to allow him to pick up his glasses intact.
23. he immediately resumes swearing and acts aggressively again
24. i walk away and we drove away
25. he continue with loud verbal abuse
26. the woman was recording the incident on her cell phone and filing assault charge
May i know
1. the police is looking for me, should i appear with my attorney
2. what are my chances since the light slap is not physically serious