Legal Question in Criminal Law in California

647f 849b2


I have a secret security clearance

(government job) and, unfortunately,

had a little too much to drink last

weekend so I ended up being brought

to the drunk tank per 647f (drunk in

public). I was then released per

849b2 which considers my visit to

the drunk tank strictly a detention

and not an arrest in CA. My question

is whether or not this is something I

should inform my work about? The

cop at the jail said that he didn't

think so since this is something that

wouldn't be on my permanent record

(i.e. not charged) . Can someone

please give me some input on this?


Asked on 4/18/08, 7:51 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Michael Stone Law Offices of Michael B. Stone Toll Free 1-855-USE-MIKE
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

Re: 647f 849b2

I have asked an FSO who says: You were not criminally charged, so you don't have to report it. But: 1) If you tell a coworker about the incident, expect it to be reported; 2) Go to some AA meetings so that, if it does come up, you can claim you made an effort to address Your Alcohol Problem (and being thrown in the drunk tank is a pretty clear indication that You Have A Drinking Problem).

Read more
Answered on 4/18/08, 10:21 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Criminal Law questions and answers in California

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88563 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Find a Legal Form

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Form

Featured Attorneys

Timothy McCormickLibris Solutions - Dispute Resolution ServicesSan Francisco, CA
Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now