California  |  Criminal Law

I was arrested for grand theft at my employers, went to jail for 4 days and was released without seeing judge, case was thrown out. When I was arrested and booked, I only had my cell phone with me. My employer forwarded my purse to the sheriffs station later. My purse had some narcotics in it. If I go pick up my purse from the sheriffs station, will I be re-arrested for the narcotics?

Answered on: 5/16/13, 10:33 am by Zadik Shapiro

Assuming that the narcotics weren't prescribed and in a prescription jar you may well be arrested. I would not try to gain possession of the purse. If a sheriff's deputy or anyone else attempts to talk to you about the narcotics refuse to discuss it (or the grand theft since you may be rearrested on the grand theft charge) without a lawyer present. Also if they ask to search you, your home, your automobile, or your property make sure that they understand that you do not consent to the search. If they insist upon searching it anyway, do not stop them but call an attorney as soon as possible.

It would be a good idea for you to talk to an attorney. Most criminal defense attorneys will give you a free consultation and you may well need one yet..

Law Offices of C. Zadik Shapiro 15 Boardman Pl. San Francisco, CA 94103

Answered on: 5/16/13, 11:03 am by Anthony Roach

I agree with Mr. Shapiro.

Law Office of Anthony A. Roach 9909 Topanga Canyon, Ste.313 Chatsworth, CA 91311