California  |  Criminal Law

Legal Question

Asked on: 4/23/13, 4:48 pm

I was arrested a few years ago, and I took a deal with the DA to plead to PC459, First degree Burglary, in Santa Barbara, CA. I believe that brings a strike as well. Although I was put on home monitoring for 90 days, and was given formal probation for 3 years. I lived in Los Angeles to they transferred my probation to Los Angeles County. I never actually saw a probation officer, but I checked in monthly, and 3 years later they said I was done. I never had any issues during the span of my probation. I'm so confused. I thought if you get convicted of First Degree burglary you go to jail hands down for a period of time. I obviously do not want to be a Felon, I made a dumb choice when I was younger, and paid dearly because of who I was with. Is there anyway I can have this dropped to a misdemeanor and then dismissed? I know First Degree Burglary is not a Wobbler, I've done a ton of research. But what I'm confused about, if I was truly punished for a First Degree Burglary charge, I would not have received 90 days on house arrest and 3 years probation? I'm so confused, what can I do. I don't want to be branded with stigma because of 1 dumb choice I made. I don't want to have this expunged. I do not want to be a Felon. I want it dropped down to a Misdemeanor. Is this a possibility in California? Or am I not providing enough facts? Please help.

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask an Attorney!

Get answers from the top Attorneys
Ask Question

133 Answers given in the last few hours.

8661 Active attorneys ready to answer your question

Search Past Answers:
  Advanced Search