California  |  Criminal Law

An attorney who claimed that his practice consist of 20% appellate work did a Motion to Strike Prior Conviction for me. He assured me that it would succeed because the prior conviction was silent on the record regarding my Constitutional advertisements rights. He added that if need be he would appeal it. Well, his writ failed. His explanation was that the judge “refused to follow the law.”

Yet, he let it go after mumbling something about doing more research into different writs. Instead, within days he had me take a plea that included waving away both my rights to appeal the prior and current conviction. Besides firing him and retaining a fourth attorney what should I do?

Answered on: 5/16/13, 12:05 pm by Anthony Roach

After four attorneys, I think the problem is you, and not them. You need to learn to take responsibility for your actions.

Law Office of Anthony A. Roach 9909 Topanga Canyon, Ste.313 Chatsworth, CA 91311

Answered on: 5/16/13, 6:36 pm by Kelvin Green

I will agree three attorney looking at a fourth means the issue is with you. You never had to take the plea. You entered it voluntarily knowing exactly what would happen; the judge made sure you understood that's...

I have no idea what a Constitutional advertisement right is.

The Law Office of Kelvin Green . California Bar #286285, CA ..