Legal Question in Criminal Law in California

How far back can a convictions be used as a strike?

Asked on 10/08/12, 11:46 pm

2 Answers from Attorneys

0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

There is no limit for convictions as an adult and some offenses for juveniles over 16. There are procedures wherein a defendant can ask the Court to strike a prior conviction for purposes of sentencing.

Read more
Answered on 10/09/12, 7:17 am
Terry A. Nelson Nelson & Lawless
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

Forever. If it qualifies as a strike. At the minimum, it is a 'prior', forever.

Read more
Answered on 10/09/12, 5:07 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Criminal Law questions and answers in California

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88433 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Find a Legal Form

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Form

Featured Attorneys

Timothy McCormickLibris Solutions - Dispute Resolution ServicesSan Francisco, CA
Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Scott RiddleLaw Office of Scott B. Riddle, LLCAtlanta, GA
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now