California  |  Criminal Law

A black criminal has posted pictures of animals he's tortured & killed, including setting a cat on fire, drowning a bait dog (dog fighting is a felony) that pissed him off, and other heinous crimes. In the heat of the moment, I sent him a private message through FaceBook, and called him a stupid nigger. Can I get into trouble? I have absolutely no criminal background, and am also of mixed race.

Answered on: 7/19/13, 2:39 pm by Edward Hoffman

Although you ask generally about getting into trouble, you posted your question under criminal law. Sending that message was not a crime unless there is more to the story. It reflects poorly on you, but that does not make it illegal.

But you may get into other types of trouble. For example, Facebook may limit or delete your account if it decides you violated its terms of service.

Law Offices of Edward A. Hoffman 11755 Wilshire Boulevard, Suite 1250 Los Angeles, CA 90025

Answered on: 7/19/13, 8:20 pm by Kelvin Green

With all the discussions in the press about racial epithets? Stay off Facebook for awhile

The Law Office of Kelvin Green . California Bar #286285, CA ..