Legal Question in Criminal Law in California

My boyfrean was arested and this are the sharches pc 245a1 what it maens

Asked on 8/12/13, 3:58 am

3 Answers from Attorneys

0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

A 245(a)(1) is an assault with a deadly weapon or force likely to produce great bodily injury. It's an offense that can be charged as a misdemeanor or a felony.

Read more
8/12/13, 6:31 am
Joe Dane Law Office of Joe Dane
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

He is looking at felony assault charges. Depending on how it is charged, he could be looking at anything from a misdemeanor up to a felony that is a strike and could land him in state prison.

You need a good criminal defense attorney. I'd strongly suggest you find someone who focuses on criminal law and who routinely practices in the court where this case will be heard.

Read more
8/12/13, 7:01 am
Anthony Roach Law Office of Anthony A. Roach
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

"Any person who commits an assault upon the person of another with a deadly weapon or instrument other than a firearm or by any means of force likely to produce great bodily injury shall be punished by imprisonment in the state prison for two, three, or four years, or in a county jail for not exceeding one year, or by a fine not exceeding ten thousand dollars ($10,000), or by both the fine and imprisonment." (Pen. Code, sect. 245, subd. (a)(1).)

Read more
8/12/13, 8:43 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Criminal Law questions and answers in California

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

8817 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Find a Legal Form

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony RoachLaw Office of Anthony A. RoachChatsworth, CA
David SlaterDavid P. Slater, Esq.Boca Raton, FL
Phillip D. Wheeler, Esq.Phillip D. Wheeler, Attorney At LawMorro Bay, CA
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now