California  |  Criminal Law

Legal Question

Asked on: 9/15/13, 10:49 am

My boyfriend got into an altercation with two men. The two men where harassing me and I felt that I was in danger and my boyfriend stepped in to defend me. Apparently he had a knife and he used it against one of the men. It must have have been all superficial wounds because never once did I see blood and only when the cops told me there had been a stabbing did I realize there had been a knife involved. The two men are gang affiliated and the only reason why I know this is because they were yelling it at us like a warning before the fight happened. This incident happened a few blocks from where I live and I was terrified that if I spoke against these two gangsters they or their friends could find me and hurt me. So when the cops asked me for my version of events I completely downplayed what the two guys had actually done because I honestly was scared it would get back to them. Now my boyfriend is going to be charged with a felony, the two gangsters are the "victims" and this is a whole mess because I'm a coward. He's going to court this Tuesday and I have a terrible feeling that because of my weakness he's going to be doing jail time even though it was self-defense. The detective who interviewed me isn't working this case but he gave me the name of the detective who is. I haven't been able to find the number to get ahold of the main detective, I got the business card of the detective who interviewed me and I called him and left a message and sent an email trying to get the number of the detective who's working the case but no response! I don't know what to do. PLEASE I NEED HELP! How do I fix this? What should I do?

2 Answers

Answered on: 9/15/13, 11:48 am by Zadik Shapiro

I can't promise you that its going to help but you might try to go to court early Tuesday and talk to the district attorney assigned to the case.

Good luck

Did you find this answer helpful?

0 Users found this answer helpful.

0 Attorneys agree with this answer.

Law Offices of C. Zadik Shapiro 15 Boardman Pl. San Francisco, CA 94103

Other answers from this attorney

Answered on: 9/17/13, 12:56 pm by Terry A. Nelson

How do I fix this?

You don't.

He needs an attorney, since you can't represent him in court or with the police. Get him one.

Did you find this answer helpful?

0 Users found this answer helpful.

0 Attorneys agree with this answer.

Nelson & Lawless 18685 Main St., #175 Huntington Beach, CA 92648

Other answers from this attorney

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask an Attorney!

Get answers from the top Attorneys
Ask Question

81 Answers given in the last few hours.

86611 Active attorneys ready to answer your question

Search Past Answers:
  Advanced Search