Legal Question in Criminal Law in California

my boyfriend was arrested on Friday morning for a misdemeanor warrant and has not been arraigned and it is currently Wednesday. This is a violation of California penal code 825 and i'm wondering what action to take next

Asked on 8/14/13, 12:29 pm

3 Answers from Attorneys

Anthony Roach Law Office of Anthony A. Roach
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

My big question to you is whether the warrant was for a new charge, or an old charge that he had already been arraigned on, and had failed to show up for a subsequent hearing.

Read more
Answered on 8/14/13, 12:59 pm
John Laurie Gertz and Laurie
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

You need to retain an attorney to look at this matter

Read more
Answered on 8/14/13, 9:27 pm
Zadik Shapiro Law Offices of C. Zadik Shapiro
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

There is probably something you have not mentioned. Is he on probation? If not a call from an attorney may speed things up or you may need to file a writ of habeas corpus. I any case he needs an attorney.

Read more
Answered on 8/14/13, 10:51 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Criminal Law questions and answers in California

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Find a Legal Form

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Rahul Manchanda, Esq.Manchanda Law Office PLLCNew York, NY
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now