Legal Question in Criminal Law in California

My boyfriend is currently in prison in Arizona and has a vehicular manslaughter charge here in california PC192 (C) . How much time can he get for that?

Asked on 8/12/13, 11:33 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Anthony Roach Law Office of Anthony A. Roach
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

Thank you for clarifying the specific charge as set forth in the Penal Code.

Penal Code section 192, subdivision (c) vehicular manslaughter is a "wobbler." A wobbler means the District Attorney can charge this crime as either a felony or a misdemeanor.

If convicted of misdemeanor vehicular manslaughter, he faces up to one year in a county jail. If he is convicted of felony vehicular manslaughter, he faces anywhere from two to ten years in the state prison.

Read more
Answered on 8/12/13, 12:19 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Criminal Law questions and answers in California

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Find a Legal Form

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Rahul Manchanda, Esq.Manchanda Law Office PLLCNew York, NY
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now