California  |  Criminal Law

Legal Question

Asked on: 4/25/09, 7:35 am

Ca. Penal code section 487 (1) Grand theft

In 1992 I was charged with violation Penal Code section 487(1)grand theft-personal property.I was order to pay restitution $18,000 . I have paid the above amount in full(2009). On October 1996 my probation was revoked by the sup. Court for returning to Thailand for my liver cancer treatment.I reestablhised contact contact court . My liver cancer was removed in the hospital in Thailand.

The probation was revoked due to the fact that I left the USA and I allowed my son to continue the retitution payments in 1992 but in 1996 for unknown reason, he stopped the payments and cut all contact with me.I found out about this in 2008) Now I want to go back to the USA to see my mother before she passes away she is in the hospital for brain damage.If I have a lawyer to represent me , what would happen to me when I arrive at the airport. Can the lawyer seeking for 1203.3 penal code to expunge me. After all it is 17 years ago and I have not committed any violation and I am not living in Ca. for the past 13 years. Please tell me about my situation. Thank you

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask an Attorney!

Get answers from the top Attorneys
Ask Question

133 Answers given in the last few hours.

8661 Active attorneys ready to answer your question

Search Past Answers:
  Advanced Search